Monday, December 7, 2009

Back on top

Well this past week was pretty uneventful until the weekend. As most of you know I am a big Florida fan and knew Saturday would be filled with temptations to eat whether we won and I needed victory food or if we lost and I need comforting food. As it turns out I would have needed a great deal of comfort based on the but kickin' Florida got. Anyway, to make the situation removed and take temptation away I decided to fast and pray when I was tempted to eat. God was so good to me in this because lets face it...some buffalo dip and chicken wings would have made me feel better. But only for a little while. My heart and body are really starting to see food differently. Last night at evening of prayer, I said no to dessert and didn't feel the urge to clean my son's plate of his pizza he didn't eat. The result this morning 222.2 and am back on track for weight loss on my 2.5 pounds a week. That means so far I have 16.3 pounds. Last night my friend Matt (Spivey) said man your losing weight. I was proud but really I should have said, no God's just helping to make me thin. I really do feel the Lord's hand in my body. In closing, I wanted to respond to a few things. Hope, my next reward is a CD and I have an afternoon at the movies next so thanks for the encouragement. Also, when I lose 50 pounds I am getting a Wii! Temptation still rises so keep praying for me and asking me how I am doing and if you see me about to eat something that hinders my cause...feel free to tackle me.
Scott Parks

4 comments:

  1. It is GREAT to see God working in and through your life as you take up your cross and follow Him each step of the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, I found this the other day and wanted to say I am so PROUD of you and ENCOURAGED (in my own food issues) by reading this! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i'm glad to see your updates. this is a great time to see God physically work out what He is doing inside of you. it's really neat to see. thanks again for your vulnerability and honesty. can't wait to see what God does with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scotty, You're the bomb! I love you. I am pumped to see you're doing this and I know you are working very hard. Stay encouraged by everyones comments and stay sustained by the Holy Spirit. Maybe for your 100lb prize you could take an awesome trip with 2 of your favorite people who think you and Annie are awesome and don't live in Mobile but used to but who still like to go on trips with you. Know anybody like that?

    Praying for you buddy. Will check back frequently for updates. Wish I could be there in person to encourage you. Love you!

    Ben
    P.S. (About that trip, I was talking about me and Katie by the way........) Lets Go Scott!! Whoo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete