Monday, November 30, 2009

A little discouragiing

Last week my mom was in town so I couldn't get up and write about my half pound loss which was a little frustrating but understandable. The past week was my birthday and apparently I was more loved this year because of the number of cakes I received..the enemy knows how to tempt! Well as I mentioned above this week my mom was in town for thanksgiving and really I just didn't eat well. I tried to exercise more to compensate for the crazy schedule but it did not work. I gained 2 pounds back this morning and although I was a little discouraged, I know it was my fault. I ate a good bit on thanksgiving, went to a football game and ate junk, and we ate out several times during the week and it just wasn't' good for me at all. On a different note, my pants feel loser and I still feel like I have lost weight. One of my friends sent me this weight loss tracker that has places where you reward yourself for weight loss with non food related items. MY problem is I keep thinking of restaurants to go to or really expensive things to add to my list. So I need some help! If you have any ideas about what things you may want to suggest that our cheep non edible foods then I would love some ideas. Well, I have three weeks before Christmas holidays and parties are starting to line up. Pray for this season of stress, food, and events that will tempt me as well as that this week I can get back down tot he losing that I started.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Scott! How about rewarding yourself with "time"? If you lose x amount then you get an hour to go play golf that week, or to watch your favorite team on TV, or whatever you enjoy? I've had to lose weight after each of my pregnancies and the thing that helped me most was writing down EVERYTHING I ate EVERYDAY. It sounds a little crazy, but it really, really helps. And chew lots of gum during your Christmas parties! Sorry, about the onslaught of advice. Just trying to encourage you!!! Don't let the enemy get you down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought and thought about the 'rewards' aspect to this and came up with a few ideas. Since I'm a little tech, that's most of what I came up with - you can buy yourself a song (on iTunes) or CD that you want, a video game, a new app if you have a smart phone, or a book even. I like what Jenny, above, said about buying time too. "Restrict" yourself from one of your favorite activities and then do that when you reach benchmarks.
    I also found this related article that might help too -
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=86

    Best of luck - We're all rooting for you (and some of us are even trying to lose some weight too - we're all fighting some sort of battle, right?)

    ReplyDelete