Monday, November 16, 2009

Weigh In Day and the Electronic Scale

Week 4 Day 1
This morning I woke up ready to weigh in after three weeks of dieting. I have been weighing myself each Monday morning to see what I truly lost since I have more liberty on the weekends. So I got up and got ready to get on the scale.My original weight was 338.5 so my goal was 328.5. The first time on the scale it said 330.4. After getting back on the scale it read 327.8. Now I thought for a moment, if I could just get off and on the scale and lose weight like this this will be easy! So i tired 2 more times getting 328 and 328.8. So I went with 328 not giving myself the lowest number but certainly not the highest either. Which means over the last 3 weeks I have lost 10.5 pounds. I don't really feel the lose completely but I know with consistency, effort, and prayer this is only the beginning. I really want to honor the Lord for His service with my body. I feel this can be done with a healthier me and that keeps me motivated throughout this process. So Keep praying and thanks for the encouragement.
Scott Parks

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's 1/10th of your goal. Did you actually post this at 3:44am? I sincerely hope your time thingy is just broken. Makes me tired just thinking about it. Anyway...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this is wacky, but maybe you could post a picture now and then it will be so awesome to see the final picture when you reach your goal. Jay did this once and even though it was hard to look at and acknowledge, it was very motivational for him. Feel free to not do this, just an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Scott! Encouraged by your willingness to tackle the hard things with such high accountability. What a statement of faith! Can't wait to see you reach your goal. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scooter,
    I am proud of you, bro. I know that you can do this and reach or exceed your goal with the Lord's help. It sounds like you have really made up your mind to depend on Christ through this. I think that is what is the most inspiring. Dude, you finished a marathon not long ago. The amount of will power that takes amazes me. I am positive that you could do this by your will. But the Lord has shown you some stuff that you have to deal with. And by your will, you have chosen to surrender to Him in this thing. That is a hard thing, my man. I am praying for you, and you are motivating me to live more healthily, and honestly. Thank you for putting yourself out there, bro.
    A 100 lbs, man! You will so get there.
    Peace,
    Jay

    ReplyDelete